Tuesday 8 March 2016

Good-ish news . . .


Yes, in March these are definitely not real

I thought we needed a bit of cheering up, because even though it's warmer it's not very bright this afternoon . . .

I have written digitally to a number of horticultural gardens, a horticultural college or two, a Royal Society or two, parks, nurseries, a couple of community organisations and so on, asking each and every one for advice and suggestions, as well as the possible donation of seeds, plants and 'ancillaries' for our wonderful proposed street greening project.

I did actually speak to a person at nearly every contacted organisation and so got to identify the correct e-mail recipient in nearly every case. I have had two replies back, just confirmation that the mail has been re-forwarded, so it is hopeful, everyone !

Via Islington Council I have heard back from 'Public Realm', Head of Highways and Energy and Street Environment Services, as well as received back information about the Ockendon Road street planting group as well as the Islington Gardeners group, who support a 'Forgotten Corners' project.

I am writing back to the Council now, as they've been so good with suggestions.

We have quite a lot developing very quickly indeed over here in our road.

I am happy to talk to anyone who wants to get involved with the organising we seem to need to do, so that when we have our meeting on 19 March we have solved the problems as they arise.

Very hopeful and thanks for your support on our big project just starting . . .

I hope to go to Crews Hill and visit Park View Nurseries, a gardening club to which I belong tomorrow morning, looking at the plants and hoping to speak to one of their officers. . . .








No comments:

Post a Comment